Friday, March 9, 2012

BABY UPDATE: "...in 2 or 3 Days"

Saturday I was getting contractions like CRAZY-- 3-5 minutes apart, some pretty painful, some not so much...  D was on it, got the car packed and car seat ready, just in case the baby was on its way.  We called the hospital, and they had me come in to check if I was dilated.  I was pretty sure I wasn't going into labor, but better safe than sorry.

I saw two nurses who both said I was at 2 1/2 (YAY!  Already better progression than with Keaka!! LOL), and that my cervix was REALLY soft. The second nurse I saw (an older woman who was AWESOME, might I add-- I seriously love the older nurses lol) was very impressed with how soft my cervix is, and said I'll be in labor in 2 or 3 days.

That SO made my night... However, those "2 or 3 days" have come and gone... still, nothing lol. In fact, it's almost been a week.  Killing me.

ANYWAY, she said I could go home; and after an hour of monitoring, another hour of walking around, and then one more hour of monitoring, I was totally exhausted and ready to go home and crash. 

Wednesday morning I had another appointment; got checked again, and was still at 2 1/.2... My doctor stripped my membranes to see if that'll help get things going more (and HOLY UNCOMFORTABLE and AWKWARD, oh my goodness!).  That started some strong contractions up very quickly, but within a few hours they tapered off yet again.

The GOOD NEWS is that I will be getting induced on Wednesday the 14th at 7am if the baby hasn't come by then.... So I'm trying to take it easy the next few days so I can at least make it to my baby shower!  Anytime after 12 noon on Saturday is ideal, haha!!  But who knows-- this child obviously has his or her own agenda! ;) 

So, before labor starts (false or true) again, I figure I should post belly shot, as in the non-alcoholic kind of belly shot (BWAHAHAHAH!!).  Everyone has been asking, and it's probably about time, haha!  So here I am, makeup-less... looking and feeling like hell at 38 weeks!  So close, and yet so far!   >.<


No comments: