Friday, March 9, 2012

Big Sister, Big Helper!

Way back when we first found out we were expecting Baby #2, I decided I wanted to make a "Big Sister Apron" for Keaka (Pinterest idea! BAM!), so she can help me out with the baby.  It has taken me pretty much all 9 months to start and finish it, but HEY!  It's officially done! 

The Big Sister To-Be!

To make sure Keaka remembers her "Mexi-roots" (when it comes to Nickelodeon anyway), I decided to make her a Dora the Explorer apron.  (Ok, honestly, I already had bought the Dora material like a year and a half ago on clearance...  Don't hate.)  So are you proud of me?!  Totally didn't have a pattern or anything!  Just made it up! LOL.
 
Booty shot!
 Keaka is totally in love with it.  She sleeps in it-- not even kidding.

 Side view-- this pic totally does NOT even look like her!  Looks like a lil monster... haha!      

The pockets are stuffed with travel-sized baby items: shampoo, body wash, Desitin, powder, wipes, baby lotion... And she also has an attached hand sanitizer.  SO, she's been put in charge of giving me any of the above if I need it to help with baby, AND most importantly, she's in charge making sure everyone who wants to touch the baby has clean, sanitized, hands (whether its us, Papa, Tutu, aunties, or other visitors, etc.).  We'll see if she really does the latter LOL.  Needless to say, she is totally excited to be our "super helper" and BIG SISTER!



No comments: